Do you ever feel like you’re constantly running on empty? Like you can never quite catch up to the demands of life? If so, you’re not alone. Nowadays, most of us are always in a hurry, and we rarely take the time for rest and relaxation. This can be damaging to both our physical and mental health.
In this article, we will explore 53 affirmations for rest and relaxation. These affirmations will help you find moments of peace in your day and inspire you to unwind and relax!
Why is Rest Important?
Rest is essential to a healthy life and a healthy mind. It allows us to recharge and renew our energy so that we can continue to thrive. Without rest, we can become exhausted and overwhelmed. This can lead to health problems, both physical and mental.
Restful self-care is, therefore, vital. It allows us to take a break from the demands of life, and it provides us with the time we need to rejuvenate and replenish our resources. When we make time for rest, we do something positive for our health and well-being.
As the saying goes, if you don’t take the car in for scheduled maintenance, it will schedule it for you. The same goes for your body. If you don’t regularly schedule rest and self-care into your routine, you might become sick.
Avoiding The Trap of Guilt
In today’s hustle world, we often feel guilty for taking time to rest. But it’s important to remember that rest is not a luxury; it’s a necessity. Just as you wouldn’t skip a meal or neglect your personal hygiene, you shouldn’t neglect your need for rest.
Scheduling regular periods of rest into your day will help you avoid the trap of guilt. And when you do take the time to rest, be sure to enjoy it!
RELATED POST: The Art of Doing Nothing… Are You Doing It Wrong?
What are some ways to rest?
There are many ways to rest, and everyone needs different types of rest to feel rejuvenated. Here are a few quick suggestions:
1. Take a relaxing bath. Add soothing aromatherapy or a try an epsom salt bath to help you relax.
2. Read a book. Curl up with a good book and let your mind wander. This is a great way to get lost in another world for a while and forget about the demands of daily life. Try these books by women of the 20th century.
3. Listen to music. Put on your favorite soothing album and relax into the music. This can be a great way to de-stress and unwind after a long day.
4. Spend time outdoors. Get some fresh air and sunshine, and enjoy the natural beauty around you. This can be very calming and relaxing.
5. Take a nap. A quick 20-minute nap can do wonders for restoring energy levels and improving moods.
6. Meditate. Taking time for quiet meditation can be highly restful and calming.
7. Exercise lightly. A light jog or brisk walk can help clear the mind and boost energy levels without exhausting you further.
RELATED POST: 9 Easy Ways to Nourish Your Body
53 Affirmations for Rest and Relaxation
- It’s okay to take a break. I deserve to rest.
- I am taking care of myself by taking this time to relax.
- Rest is essential for my health and well-being.
- I am grateful for this time to rest and rejuvenate.
- I am releasing all stress and tension with each breath I take.
- I am surrounded by peace and tranquility.
- My mind is calm and at ease.
- I am letting go of all worries and concerns.
- I am safe, I am loved, I am supported.
- I am in control of my own relaxation.
- My body is relaxed and my muscles are soft.
- I am breathing deeply and slowly, and my whole body is relaxing.
- I am at peace with myself and the world around me.
- I am releasing all negativity and filling myself with positive energy.
- My mind is quiet and still.
- I am in the present moment, and all is well.
- I am in the present moment, and I am at ease.
- I am releasing all stress, tension, and worry.
- I am surrounded by an aura of peace and calm.
- My mind is quiet and still.
- I am filled with a sense of quiet and calm.
- Relaxation is easy for me.
- I allow myself to take breaks through my day.
- I let go of worry, stress, and tension.
- I give myself permission to relax.
- I am taking care of myself by resting.
- My body knows how to relax and rejuvenate itself.
- I trust my body to take care of me.
- I am kind and gentle with myself.
- It feels great to unwind!
- My body is thriving, my life is thriving.
- I breathe in, I breathe out.
- I am replenishing my energy with nourishment.
- I am releasing all that does not serve me.
- I am grateful for this moment of rest.
- I fill myself up with love and light.
- It is safe for me to relax.
- I give myself permission to do nothing.
- I am living a life that supports my well being.
- I am taking care of myself so that I can take care of others.
- I am surrounded by people who support my relaxation and well being.
- My home is a haven for relaxation.
- I create time and space in my day for rest.
- Resting is part of my self-care routine.
- I am worthy of relaxation.
- I am lovable even when I am taking a break.
- I give myself permission to relax and do nothing.
- My needs for rest are just as important as my needs for food and water.
- When I take care of myself, I am better able to take care of others.
- I am grateful for this time to recharge and renew myself.
- I love myself enough to give myself the gift of relaxation.
- It is safe for me to relax and let go.
- I am surrounded by an invisible bubble of peace and calm.