Positive thinking affirmations can do wonderful things for your mindset and mental health, because when you think positive, positive things happen. A positive mindset allows you to see the best in people and situations, and it opens up a world of possibilities. When you’re feeling down or struggling with a problem, positive affirmations can help change your thinking and give you the boost you need to keep moving forward.
In this blog post, we will discuss the importance of positive thinking, how you can change your mindset to be more positive, and 50 positive affirmations that you can use to transform your life!
What Is Positive Thinking?
Positive thinking is the act of looking on the bright side of any given situation. It is about being hopeful and optimistic, and seeing the best in people and situations. When you have a positive attitude, it allows you to approach life with a more positive outlook, which can lead to better outcomes.
Positive thinking looks like making a conscious choice to tell yourself “Wow, I look fantastic tonight!” instead of criticizing yourself. It can also look like holding gratitude when going through some life challenges. (“Well, my air conditioning broke, but I have food on the table and wonderful friends to spend my time with!”)
These small switches in your mindset can make a huge difference in your life, and you’ll start to see more positive, joyful things you hadn’t even realized were there!
Avoiding Toxic Positivity
When dealing with positivity, I always caution that people don’t fall into the trap of toxic positivity. It’s very easy to get drawn up in the need to be positive all the time and forget that it’s okay to feel our emotions.
We can avoid toxic positivity by simply being mindful of our thoughts and feelings, and by embracing the whole range of emotions we experience. We don’t need to try and positive-think our way out of every negative emotion we feel, because that’s not realistic or sustainable.
When we move THROUGH the negative emotion, usually that’s enough to let the negative feeling go. But when we suppress the negative emotion and pretend it’s not there, it can grow and take over from our subconscious in some pretty destructive ways.
50 Positive Thinking Affirmations
When using these affirmations, it is best to really feel the positive emotion behind them. Try and find affirmations that resonate with you, and that you can say with conviction. The more you believe in the affirmation, the more powerful it will be!
- I choose to be positive and optimistic.
- My positive attitude creates positive results.
- I attract positive energy into my life.
- I release all negative thoughts and emotions.
- In every situation, I choose to see the positive.
- I am confident and self-assured.
- I am grateful for my life exactly as it is.
- I focus on what I want, not what I don’t want.
- I am at peace with myself and everyone around me.
- My cup is always half full.
- I achieve anything I set my mind to.
- I am powerful and resilient.
- I am strong.
- I am grateful for everything I have.
- I am loved and supported by those around me.
- I am open to new opportunities.
- I am optimistic about my future.
- I am grateful for what I have, and know that more is on the way.
- I release the need to control everything.
- I trust in myself and my abilities.
- My happiness comes from within me.
- I believe in the power of positivity and kindness.
- I am kind and compassionate to myself and others.
- I am surrounded by positive, like-minded people.
- My life is full of joy, love, and happiness.
- I accept compliments graciously.
- Every day, I am getting closer to my goals.
- I release the need to compare myself to others.
- I am beautiful, inside and out.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- I am always learning and growing.
- I am grateful for my challenges, as they help me grow stronger.
- I am always moving forward.
- I accept myself exactly as I am.
- I live in the present moment.
- I am positive, powerful, and present.
- The moment is now, and I embrace it.
- I live a positive, happy life.
- I share my optimism with others.
- I believe in my future.
- I believe we all have the power to make positive change in the world.
- I am confident and self-assured.
- I share compliments easily.
- I am grateful for the wonderful things in my life.
- My energy attracts more positive energy.
- My positivity carries momentum.
- It is easy to see the positive in life.
- Joy is mine, every day!
- I love to share happy experiences with others.
- My joy snowballs until my whole life is wondrous and amazing!