When you’re wanting to get pregnant, trying every month and waiting can feel like torture. But the stress of waiting can actually have detrimental effects on our body’s ability to conceive. Use these fertility affirmations to get your mind into the parasympathetic nervous system, which allows your body to thrive and create the perfect conditions for making a baby.
How Fertility Affirmations Work on a Physical Level
Stress affects our hormones and bodies to a greater level that we frequently acknowledge. According to several studies,
women whose saliva had high levels of alpha-amylase, an enzyme that marks stress, took 29% longer to get pregnant compared to those who had less.WebMD
Basically, your body knows that periods of high stress are a bad time to be pregnant and it suppresses the reproductive system.
When you practice things like meditation, affirmations, self-hypnosis, self-care, exercise, or journaling, you’re putting your body into what’s called the parasympathetic nervous system, which is all about rest and digestion.
Printable Birth Affirmation Cards from Wild Simple Joy
21 Printable Affirmation Cards on Etsy
States of Stress versus States of Rest
In states of stress, your blood is directed toward your muscles instead of your internal organs. (This is also part of the reason we can put on weight easier in times of stress, because our digestion is not working efficiently.)
In states of rest, your blood is directed toward your internal organs, healing, digestion, and reproduction. That means that, as much as it may make you mad, the advice: “Just relax and you’ll get pregnant” isn’t actually wrong.
So whether you’re dealing with miscarriages, difficulty getting pregnant, or you’re just impatient, put yourself into a state of calm and peace and allow yourself to actually feel how amazing it will be to see that second line!
Choose the ones that resonate with you the best and make sure to practice them. Write them down, repeat them in meditation, or tape them to your bathroom mirror. Just make sure you’re releasing the stress regularly!
Affirmations for a Powerful Pregnancy
Affirmations for an Empowered Birth
25 Fertility Affirmations to Get Pregnant
- I am pregnant and it feels amazing!
- I have the time, resources, and positive mind to bring about perfect conditions for a healthy pregnancy.
- With every positive thought, my body gets closer to creating and accepting a child.
- I focus on the joy of a future baby.
- As I relax, my body lets go of the stress of my miscarriage and builds itself up to prepare for a healthy pregnancy.
- I am doing everything in my power to assist my body in cradling a new life.
- I am ready for a baby!
- As I care for my body through diet, exercise, and meditation, my body is ready to have a baby.
- When I see other pregnant women around me, I feel joy for their health and fertility!
- I am NOT inadequate! I am enough.
- My partner and I share our feelings of love and appreciation so that we will be open to sharing those feelings with a baby.
- I nourish my body with healthy foods.
- I nourish my mind with positive thoughts.
- I nourish my soul with joyful experiences.
- My body is growing my perfect baby.
- I care for my body and soul, and gently release any stress that I may take on.
- My body is supple and ready for a child.
- I accept what I cannot change and work to better what I can change.
- I release feelings of jealousy, anger, and grief so that I may focus on love for a new life.
- The baby I lost knows how much love I have in my heart.
- I let go of anger caused by my grief.
- My grief is what’s left from something I love that I don’t have. I accept my grief and nourish that love I have.
- I focus on the love I have for my baby.
- I feel like Superwoman when I’m pregnant!
- I feel a pregnancy growing inside me and I feel powerful and alive!
RELATED POST: Check out 13 Feminine Energy and Fertility Mala Beads for Meditation