Do you ever feel like a lost child, wandering aimlessly through life? Do you feel you’ve forgotten how to be truly happy and carefree?
If so, this blog post is for you. In it, we will discuss the importance of nurturing your inner-most self and healing any childhood traumas you may have experienced. We will provide 44 affirmations for your inner child to heal and find joy again.
What Is Your Inner Child?
Your inner child is the part of you that is young and innocent. It represents your truest, most authentic self. When you were a child, you were open and loving, without judgment or preconceptions. You were free to simply be.
But many of us experienced things as a child that traumatized us and made us repress that true, authentic, joyful self. This does not even mean that you suffered abuse. Often the people, usually parents, grandparents, or other authority figures, didn’t even realize that they hurt us by the things they said or did.
They can’t go back and undo those things that hurt us, so it’s our responsibility to go back and heal our inner child.
Trauma for Girls Is Different Than For Boys
Society’s expectations harm both boys and girls. Many boys may be expected to “toughen up,” “suck it up,” or have their emotions suppressed to appear like a “strong man.” Girls, on the other hand, are told to “be quiet,” “look pretty,” and submit to the people who lead them (usually men).
Regardless, the wounds the patriarchy inflicts on each and every one of us are deep and significant. The methods adults may have used could be any one of the following:
- emotional abuse
- physical abuse
- sexual abuse
- verbal abuse
Or any number of other forms of inflicting trauma.
Healing your inner child can be a lot of work. You might choose to do this with the help of a therapist. Somatic therapy might benefit you if you have experienced physical abuse or trauma.
You might also choose to read books, do spiritual work, connect with others, journal, and do any number of other self-care activities that might help to unearth all your childhood traumas that have been hidden.
You may have to drudge up painful memories and come to terms with adults who made mistakes when caring for you. This can cause bitterness and resentment to surface.
But it is possible to move through all these emotions when doing inner child work. Your mindset is your biggest tool in moving through those challenging emotions rather than getting stuck in them, as so many people do.
Affirmations for Bitterness and Resentment
44 Affirmations for Your Inner Child to Nurture and Heal
But if you choose to do the work on yourself, you can nurture your inner child and help them heal any childhood traumas you may have experienced. By doing so, you will find joy again and become a more authentic version of yourself.
- I listen to the wisdom of my inner-most self.
- I see the truth of my childhood.
- I forgive those who have hurt me.
- I release the pain of my childhood.
- I am safe now.
- I am loved.
- I am whole.
- I am perfect just as I am.
- My inner child is happy and carefree.
- I release bitterness from my new discoveries.
- I am willing to move through tough emotions to the other side.
- I embrace the joy and carefree nature of my true, authentic inner child.
- I am grateful for my inner child.
- I nurture my spirit.
- I hold my inner child with love and grace.
- I am not what happened to me.
- I am safe and secure.
- I am enough.
- I deserve to speak my mind.
- I deserve to give my emotions space.
- My emotions are valid.
- I listen to myself.
- I sit with myself now and embrace the child that deserves to heal.
- I love myself.
- I am strong.
- I am beautiful.
- I forgive myself for not being perfect.
- I forgive those who wronged me.
- I accept myself just as I am.
- It is safe for me to be vulnerable.
- It is safe for me to feel my emotions fully.
- My inner child is innocent and deserves love and compassion.
- My inner child trusts again.
- I trust again.
- I deserve to speak my mind.
- I deserve to be cared for.
- I nurture my inner child with love and grace.
- My inner child is safe now.
- My inner child is loved.
- My inner child is whole.
- My inner child is perfect just as they are.
- I am grateful for my healing journey.
- I am grateful for my willingness to heal.
- I am now full of love and light!