Affirmations are a powerful way to heal any trauma. And when it comes to healing the trauma caused by the patriarchy, affirmations can be truly life-changing. We have all been impacted by the patriarchy in some way. It is a system that has caused immense trauma for generations of people.
In this blog post, we will explore 60 affirmations designed explicitly for healing patriarchal trauma. These affirmations for patriarchal trauma will help you open your heart and mind to the possibility of healing and empower you to take steps towards recovering your lost power and peace.
What is the Patriarchy?
The patriarchy is a system of domination and control that has existed for thousands of years. It is based on the subconscious or underlying idea that men are superior to women and that they should have power over them.
The patriarchy also refers to the system that built the idea of race, believes in white supremacy, and attempted genocide of peoples all over the world, including Jewish peoples and Indigenous cultures worldwide (think Native peoples of the Americas, Australia, New Zealand, and even Ireland and Scotland), to name a few.
This system has caused immense trauma for generations of people, and it is time to heal, dismantle the systems of power in place, and begin to construct a system that is better for all peoples worldwide.
What Kinds of Damage Has the Patriarchy Done?
Patriarchal trauma can look like a lot of different things. It can manifest as physical and emotional abuse, sexual assault and violence, the repression of emotions, the suppression of women’s voices, the devaluation of feminine qualities, the suppression of BIPOC voices, and so much more.
The effects of patriarchal trauma can be devastating worldwide but also on a personal, individual level. The effects of patriarchal trauma can include depression, anxiety, PTSD, addiction, eating disorders, the mother wound or father wound, and many other mental and emotional health issues.
But thankfully, we are beginning to awaken to the damage that has been done. And we are now ready to heal.
60 Affirmations for Patriarchal Trauma
1. I am worthy of love and respect.
2. I am enough just as I am.
3. I forgive myself for any pain I have caused myself or others.
4. I forgive those who have hurt me in relation to the patriarchy.
5. I release all anger, resentment, and bitterness that I hold towards the patriarchy or anyone involved in it.
6. I open my heart to compassion and understanding for all those who the patriarchy has hurt.
7. I recognize the courage it takes to heal.
8. I am grateful for all my experiences – good and bad – which have led me to this healing moment.
9. The power of love is greater than the power of hate.
10. Healing is possible for me and for everyone affected by the patriarchy.
11. I choose peace over anger, joy over sadness, love over hate.
12. The past does not define me – I create my own future now.
13. Every choice I make is an opportunity to heal myself and contribute to a better world.
14. I believe in abundance. There is enough for all!
15. I am safe.
16. I am loved.
17. I am supported.
18. I am not alone – we are all in this together!
19. I trust myself and my intuition.
20. My emotions are valid and deserving of attention and care.
21. It is okay for me to feel angry, hurt, and pain.
22. It is okay for me to express my emotions in a healthy way.
23. I am allowed to take up space and be seen and heard.
24. My voice matters.
25. My experiences matter.
26. I am worthy of love, respect, and understanding.
27. I choose to help heal the pain of others.
28. There is hope for a better future.
29. We are making progress!
30. Every day, we are getting closer to healing the world from patriarchal trauma.
31. I am an instrument of change.
32. I am part of the solution.
33. I stand up for what is right, even when it is difficult.
34. I speak my truth, even when it is unpopular.
35. I am not afraid to be different or to stand out from the crowd.
36. I stand in solidarity with all those who are oppressed and marginalized.
37. I fight for justice, equality, and freedom for all.
38. I will not be silenced!
39. My experiences are valid and deserve to be heard.
40. I am worthy of love, respect, and compassion.
41. the pain of my past does not define me – I am so much more than that!
42. I choose to focus on my healing journey and the positive aspects of my life.
43. There is beauty in the world, even amidst all the darkness and pain.
44. I am grateful for the good in my life, even when it is hard to see sometimes.
45. There is hope for a better future.
46. Together, we can heal the world from patriarchal trauma.
47. I play an important role in the healing of the world.
48. I am part of the solution.
49. I choose love over hate, compassion over indifference, hope over despair.
50. I choose to focus on my healing journey and the positive aspects of my life.
51. I recognize that it takes courage to heal from patriarchal trauma.
52. I am grateful for all my experiences – good and bad – which have led me to this moment of healing.
53. I choose to focus on my strengths and what I am doing right, rather than my weaknesses or what I am doing wrong.
54. Every day, I am getting closer to healing.
55. My emotions are valid and deserve attention and care.
56. I am worthy of love, respect, and compassion.
57. I choose to help heal the pain of others.
58. There is hope for a better future.
59. Together, we can heal the world from patriarchal trauma.
60. I play an important role in the healing of the world.