We live in a world that is constantly trying to tell us that we are not good enough. Our body image is constantly under attack, with the media and society telling us that we need to look a certain way to be beautiful. This can be damaging to our self-esteem and body image.
But luckily, there are tools we can use to fight back against these negative messages. Body positivity, or even body neutrality, is a great tool to help us take back our bodies and our minds from the ever-present grasp of the media and societal pressures. This post will discuss 45 body image affirmations for women that you can use to start loving your body today!
The Slowly-Shifting Pressures the Media Puts On Our Bodies
The media loves to criticize how a woman’s body looks. Women have spent the last hundred years under the scrutiny of beauty standards that have mostly (if not entirely) been set by men. What’s worse is that these standards are constantly changing. For example, in the 50s, curves were in, but by the 60s, Twiggy was the ideal you wanted to strive for. Women have been at the mercy of the media and arbitrary beauty standards for decades.
Thankfully, more recently, there has been a slow shift toward more body-positive advertisements and focusing on women’s true strengths over beauty. Even Victoria’s Secret has gotten in on the body-positive action, although their efforts seem geared toward saving their brand image, which has tanked since the aughts.
How Body Positivity Helps Our Self-Worth and Body Image
When we practice body positivity or even body neutrality, it helps us to take back our minds and bodies from the constant attack of the media and society. We learn to appreciate our body the way it is, regardless of shape or size. This can be powerful in helping us to develop a more positive self-image.
Plus, when we appreciate our body, we are more likely to treat it with kindness and respect. We are less likely to engage in harmful behaviors like disordered eating or excessive exercise. Ultimately, body positivity (or body neutrality) is about accepting yourself just the way you are – flaws and all!
55 Body Image Affirmations to Love Your Body The Way It Is
- I am beautiful just the way I am.
- I love my body exactly as it is.
- My body is perfect just the way it is.
- I am worthy of love and respect, no matter my dress size.
- I am not my dress size; I am much more than that.
- I love myself, flaws and all.
- I am strong and powerful.
- I accept my curves and folds and love them.
- I appreciate my body for everything it can do.
- I am choosing to see my body’s strengths rather than weaknesses.
- I take care of my body because I love it.
- I am beautiful!
- I tune out the voices of society and listen to what my heart says.
- I refuse to let the media dictate how I feel about my body.
- I am comfortable in my skin.
- I am perfect just the way I am.
- I embrace my femininity and all that comes with it.
- My body is unique and wondrous!
- I find new things I love about my body every day.
- I love my legs!
- I love my boobs!
- I love my face!
- I love my skin!
- I respect my body and take care of it accordingly.
- My body is not an ornament – it is the vessel that allows me to experience this life.
- My body is strong and has brought me through many trials.
- My body is a piece of artwork that I embrace as my own.
- I cherish my body and all that it does for me.
- I take care of my body because I love myself.
- I am grateful for this body that allows me to experience life.
- I radiate confidence and grace!
- Others see how powerful I am!
- I go through life with my head held high.
- I now release any shame I feel about my body.
- My strengths are my intellect, my tenacity, and my skills.
- I align myself to my values and release all worries about my looks.
- I hold a commanding presence whenever I walk into the room.
- Others look up to me for my confidence and poise.
- I cherish my body, the temple of my soul.
- I love to care for my body and treat it right.
- I believe in the power of my body.
- I am choosing to love myself just as I am.
- I am stunning and radiant because I declare it to be true!