If you want to strengthen and heal your relationship, affirmations can be a powerful tool. They can help you focus on the positive aspects of your relationship and can help you work through any issues that may be causing problems.
Many affirmations for relationships are available online, but we have gathered 42 of the best ones for you here. Use them daily or whenever you need an extra boost in your relationship!
The Effort of Maintaining and Healing Relationships
Maintaining a solid relationship, especially long-term, can be difficult. It takes time, energy, and effort to keep things going smoothly. There will be disagreements and arguments along the way. Some couples may find themselves drifting apart. Even issues outside a relationship, like stress at work, family problems, or financial troubles, may contribute to an eroding relationship.
But there are many things you can do to keep your relationship strong or to heal your relationship. Some things you can do to keep a relationship strong include:
1. Spending time together
Couples who spend time together find their relationship more vital, and they are happier. They may do things together, like watching a movie, taking a walk, or going out to dinner. Or, they may just spend time talking to each other about their day.
Couples who don’t spend time together may find less in common, and their relationship is not as strong. If you’re finding it hard to spend time together, try setting aside some time each week, even if it’s just an hour or two.
RELATED: How I Manifested My Relationship
2. Communicating openly and honestly
Communication is the foundation of any good relationship. Without communication, couples may find they are not on the same page about important things. This can lead to misunderstandings and conflict.
It’s important to communicate openly and honestly with your partner about your thoughts and feelings. This includes both the good and the bad. It may be difficult to have tough conversations, but it’s much better to communicate as best you can rather than letting issues go unresolved.
3. Resolving conflicts in a constructive way
When you have conflicts that need resolutions, handling them constructively is essential. This means having a discussion where each person is able to express their thoughts and feelings without judgment or criticism. Having some ground rules, like no name-calling or personal attacks, may be helpful.
It can be challenging to stay calm during a conflict, but try to remember that the goal is to resolve the issue, not to win an argument.
4. Showing support and understanding
If your partner is going through a tough time or needs a boost, it’s important to be there for them. Show your support and understanding by listening to them, offering a shoulder to cry on, or just being there for them.
It can be difficult to show support if you’re going through your own tough times, but it’s important to remember that we all need a little help sometimes.
RELATED: Supporting Your Partner Through a Life Transition
5. Going to therapy
Last, if you’re unable to do this by yourselves, remember that therapy is a great option, and there is no shame in needing help to do the things on this list.
No matter what, remember that relationships are a work in progress. They take time, energy, and effort to maintain. But the rewards are more than worth it. So keep up the good work! And if you ever need a little help, don’t hesitate to ask for it.
42 Affirmations for Relationships to Strengthen and Heal Your Relationship
Don’t forget the trick by the fabulous Marisa Peer: if you’re struggling to believe your affirmations, use the words “I am choosing.” For example, “I am choosing to give my all into this relationship.” or “I am choosing to cherish my time with my partner.”
The simple act of choosing affirms your own free will and makes your decision and actions that much stronger!
- I give my all into this relationship.
- I treat my partner exactly as I wish to be treated.
- I am ready for my ultimate relationship.
- I set clear and healthy boundaries for my relationship.
- My love knows no bounds.
- My heart is open and receiving all the love my partner wishes to give.
- I communicate lovingly and abundantly.
- I always share my love, my success, and my encouragement with my partner.
- Our relationship is based on mutual respect.
- I respect and care for my partner.
- My partner is my best friend.
- I cherish my partner.
- We are a team and we face all challenges together.
- I am grateful for my partner.
- I show my partner how much I love them every day.
- I nurture and support my partner in their dreams and goals.
- We are equally yoked in this relationship.
- My partner is my home.
- I am fully committed to this relationship.
- I am present in this relationship.
- We are honest with each other and always keep our word.
- I am loyal to my partner.
- Our love grows stronger every day.
- We are best friends and partners.
- I am madly in love with my partner.
- My relationship is based on trust, honesty, and respect.
- I cherish my time with my partner.
- We are a power couple.
- I am fully invested in this relationship.
- Our love is unbreakable.
- We are soulmates.
- I am completely devoted to my partner.
- We are a perfect match.
- I love being in a relationship with my partner.
- I enjoy every moment I spend with my partner.
- My partner brings out the best in me.
- We make each other better people.
- Our relationship is the best thing that has ever happened to me.
- I am grateful for my beautiful relationship.
- I cherish my partner and our relationship.
- Our love is strong and will last forever.
- I am committed to making our relationship the best it can be.
- We are in this relationship for the long haul.
40 Affirmations to Find Love
60 Affirmations for Self-Love
60 Success Affirmations for Motivation
60 Affirmations for Manifestation