When it comes to weight loss, many of us are looking for a quick fix. We want to lose the weight and never think about it again. But that’s not how it works. Permanent weight loss requires work, dedication, and patience.
It also requires aligning yourself with your highest self and tapping into the power of “I am enough”. In this blog post, we will discuss 46 affirmations for weight loss that can help you lose weight in a healthy way and feel good about yourself along the way!
What is healthy weight loss?
Healthy weight loss is about losing weight in a way that is healthy and sustainable. Diets are not sustainable. Diet pills are not sustainable or healthy for us. “Healthy” means making changes to your diet and lifestyle that you can stick with over the long haul. It’s important to find a way of eating and exercise that works for you, and to be patient as you make changes.
There is no one weight or body size that is healthy. “Healthy” looks different for every person. The most important thing is to focus on how you feel in your body, not on a number on the scale.
How Can Mindset Help You Lose Weight?
Your mindset is essential to your ability to lose weight. When you tell yourself “This is fruitless. I’m never going to be able to keep the weight off,” we’re setting ourselves up for failure. Our bodies become exactly what we’re telling it.
So when you use positive (or neutral) self talk, you’re setting yourself up for success. “I can do this. It might be hard, but I’m capable.” This is the kind of mindset that will help you succeed in losing weight.
Radical Body Acceptance and Body Neutrality
Part of a healthy mindset means radical body acceptance. Body acceptance is all about accepting your body exactly as it is, right now. It’s about recognizing that your worth is not tied to your weight or your dress size. Body neutrality is about moving away from thinking about our bodies all the time. It’s about recognizing that our bodies are just one part of who we are, and that we are so much more than our physical appearance.
When we can learn to accept and be neutral towards our bodies, it takes away the power that society has given to appearances. We no longer strive to look a certain way because we are told that is what is attractive or what is valuable.
Focus on Your Health Instead
Instead, we focus on taking care of our bodies. What ways could weight loss benefit your life? Maybe you’d love to start horse-back riding again, or go hiking, or keep up with your kids or grandkids.
Perhaps you suffer from terrible heartburn and eating right could manage your symptoms. Maybe your joints are aching under the pressure of your current body weight and you’d have less pain if your BMI was lower.
Jonathan Van Ness recently lost some weight with the help of a nutritionist, and their reasons and mindset for taking on that challenge were an inspiration to all. (Check out the story here.)
RELATED POST: Positive Self-Talk for Body Acceptance
How Can Affirmations Help You Lose Weight?
Affirmations are positive statements that we say to ourselves to program our minds for success. When we tell ourselves “I am enough,” we are tapping into our inner power and strength. We are reminding ourselves that we are worthy and deserving of love and respect, no matter what our weight is.
Remember, if you can’t believe the affirmations you’re saying, they won’t work. So one trick (as I learned from Marisa Peer) is to tell yourself “I am choosing…” For example, “I am choosing to love my body as it is.” “I am choosing to be patient with my progress.”
This trick will really help you settle into a more comfortable place with those affirmations and really BELIEVE what you’re saying!
46 Affirmations for Weight Loss
Here are 46 affirmations for weight loss that can help you tap into your inner power and strength, and help you lose weight in a healthy way!
- I am enough.
- I love my body.
- My body is perfect just the way it is.
- I accept myself unconditionally.
- I am beautiful, no matter my size.
- I am worthy of love and respect, no matter my weight.
- I deserve to be healthy and happy.
- My health is a priority.
- I am in control of my food choices.
- I make healthy choices for my body because I love it.
- I exercise because I want to, not because I have to.
- I enjoy moving my body and taking care of it.
- I am strong and capable.
- I can do hard things.
- I am committed to my health and wellbeing.
- My weight does not define me.
- I am so much more than a number on the scale.
- I am determined to reach my goals.
- I am patient with myself.
- I trust my body to know what it needs.
- I listen to my body and respect what it needs.
- I give myself grace when I make mistakes.
- I am always learning and growing.
- I am on my own unique journey.
- I am not comparing myself to others.
- I am doing the best I can with what I have.
- I am taking care of myself because I deserve it.
- My worth is not tied to my dress size or my body shape.
- I love myself, no matter what.
- I am valuable and deserving of love, no matter my weight.
- I am lovable just as I am.
- My happiness is not tied to my weight or appearance.
- I release the need to be perfect.
- There is no “perfect” body size or weight.
- I am perfect just the way I am.
- I am allowed to make mistakes and be imperfect.
- I forgive myself for my past choices.
- I am not my mistakes.
- I am worthy of a healthy body and a happy life.
- I deserve to love my body and take care of it.
- I am not defined by my weight.
- My value is not determined by my dress size.
- I create my own standards of beauty.
- I define what beauty means to me.
- My worth is not based on what I look like.
- I am so much more than what I look like on the outside.
“I AM ENOUGH.”
These are the words that you need to remember, no matter what your weight is. You are enough, just as you are. You are worthy of love and respect, no matter your weight. When you can tap into this inner power and strength, you will be able to lose weight in a healthy way. So repeat these affirmations to yourself every day, and watch as your life changes for the better!