Positive affirmations are just a tool that can help you change your mindset. And what better aspect of your life to alter your mindset than for your health. Health affirmations and fitness affirmations can help you feel positive about your body, about exercise, about eating right, and they can help chip away at your negative self-talk.
How many times do you tell yourself things like:
If I was a few pounds smaller, I’d look better in this dress.
She’d have said “yes” to that date if I was still as small as I was two years ago.
Our health, our weight, and how we look is constantly weighing on our minds, no pun intended. The negativity that society ingrains into our mindset from a young age is a HUGE burden for us to bear.
Affirmations for Health and Fitness – Get Your Health Mindset into Shape!
Affirmations are designed to flip your mindset around around and begin to erase the stigma of “I’m not good enough”! Especially around the holiday season—always rife with decadent foods in abundance—it is so important to feed our brains and bodies with positivity and health.
Check out some of my favorite items for your home fitness!
Remember, affirmations are not just for reading.
Affirmations can be used in a variety of different ways. They’re for
- writing down (again and again)
- speaking aloud
- meditating with (try using mala beads)
- telling others and having discussions
- journaling about how your affirmations make you feel
- posting on your fridge, on your mirror, in your closet, or in your car
Need to level-up your affirmation practice? Try Using Affirmation Cards!
If you need some motivation, I want you to choose your faves, print them out or write them down!
Remind yourself every day WHY your fitness and health are so important to you.
Using health and fitness affirmations get your mindset primed to help the body do its work.
Change happens from the thoughts, to the feelings, to action, to habits, to lifestyle!
And if it’s not holiday season when you’re reading this, the principles don’t change at all. Just because food and laziness isn’t all around you doesn’t mean that you don’t need to rewire your brain for physical success!
Fitness Affirmations: Affirmations and Working Out Simultaneously?
If you want health affirmations that work, YOU have to work for it! Here are some ways to practice your health affirmations while working out:
Say a short mantra or affirmation for health every time you do a rep
This probably won’t work for fast reps or quick and easy movements, but for longer, larger movements like burpees or leg presses, try saying (in your head or aloud) a short fitness affirmation with every repetition.
(1st rep) I am powerful.
(2nd rep) I am strong.
(3rd rep) I am fit.
and so on. Your fitness affirmations can help to pump you up and push through those repetitions.
Practice meditation with mala beads at the end of your workout
Recovery is an important component to exercise. After you cool down, drink some water, and wipe the sweat off your brow, sit down and meditate.
Mala beads are particularly helpful in a meditation practice like this, because you limit your time and the beads can automatically help you count the number of times you say your affirmation. There are 108 beads in a mala necklace.(Sometimes, I like to switch between 2 or 3 affirmations, or just repeat 1 longer one.)
Don’t want the full 108 beads? Try a mala bracelet instead!
This will help your heart-rate return to normal, but it will also help your spiritual vibration stay elevated for longer after your workout!
RELATED POST: No, Exercise Alone Won’t Help You Lose Weight
Practice mindful eating with gratitude or affirmations
When you’re ready for a meal, stop.
Put everything else away.
Don’t have your phone out, your work, or your computer.
Be alone with your food, and prepare ONLY what you would like to eat (don’t sit down with an entire bag of chips and expect yourself to stop at a reasonable amount).
Read or recite your health affirmations as you eat. Taste your food and cherish it. Thank your food for providing you with nutrition and for nourishing your body.
Affirmations are a tool designed to help your brain meet your heart halfway. When you use positive affirmations for health and wellness, they can help increase your awareness and pump up your confidence!
Use these 26 health affirmations to kickstart your journey to a healthier, stronger body!
Get these affirmations as Printable Cards
Get these exact affirmations for health and fitness as printable cards and it becomes incredibly convenient to take these 26 affirmations with you wherever you go.
Includes 26 affirmation cards (and 1 blank card for you to write your own) for $4.
Also available in the Printable Affirmation Card BIG Bundle.
26 Affirmations for Health and Fitness
- I am fit. I am strong. I am powerful.
- Each time I exercise, I literally feel my body growing stronger!
- With each repetition, my body builds itself.
- As I exercise, my body will repay me with extra years of good health.
- I am able to run 5 miles without a break!
- I CRUSH all my fitness goals!
- I keep my body in shape for myself and for my family.
- By exercising, I am an amazing role model for others.
- I move my body and I feel amazing!
- My body works exactly as it is supposed to.
- My body is a kick ass machine!
- I am lean, fit, and fabulous!
- I am strong and powerful!
- My body is in perfect health all the time.
- My body is healthy and strong.
- I treat my body like a temple.
- I deserve to feel healthy and vibrant.
- I love my body for everything amazing it can do!
- I am slim, sassy, and feeling great!
- I am capable of any physical feat I wish to do!
- I work out to honor my body, its strength, and its grit.
- I fuel my body and I have amazing energy for my workouts.
- I am light on my feet.
- I drink water throughout the day to hydrate my body and mind.
- I nourish my body with nutritious foods and my body is thankful!
- Each day, my body grows stronger.
Pin them for later!
Use all these affirmations to find the balance that you need in your life.
Affirmations for Finding Love
Affirmations Inspired By Dr. Joe Dispenza
Affirmations to Release Money Blocks
Affirmations to Build Your Self-Worth
Affirmations for Anxiety
Affirmations for Safety & Security
Read more posts about Affirmations
Take a look at all posts about MINDSET