When you have anxiety, sometimes it feels like the world is collapsing in around you. But the small technique of using affirmations for your anxiety is a powerful way that you can gain control, feel relief, and let go of your panic.
Positive Affirmations for Anxiety Relief
Anxiety is essentially a fear or apprehension about the future. Everyone experiences anxiety from time to time, and it’s a totally normal response to stress. But sometimes, when anxiety starts getting overwhelming, it can infringe on your daily life. Here are some symptoms of general anxiety:
- increased heart rate
- accelerated breathing
- trouble focusing
There are many different kinds of anxiety. Panic is an extreme manifestation of anxiety on your body and mind. Panic attacks, while not dangerous to your immediate health, are incredibly overwhelming and scary if you’ve never experienced one before. Some symptoms of panic attacks include:
- feeling faint or dizzy
- shortness of breath
- dry mouth
- numbness or tingling
As someone who has experienced panic attacks throughout my life, I can tell you that it is possible to get anxiety and panic under control. Affirmations are one of the easiest ways to shift your perception and come out of a period of anxiety or panic.
Keep reading to learn more about anxiety and how to use the 40 affirmations below for best results to find anxiety relief.
Combatting Anxiety Practically
Anxiety can seem insurmountable in the moment it is happening. But there are some really amazing techniques that can assist you get back out of your head and into your body.
Many of these affirmations are based on the concept of grounding. Basically, grounding is the technique of using things that are around you to get you out of your mind and back into the present moment.
Because anxiety is something that is typically brought on by apprehension or worry about the future, returning to the present moment is the main goal. Even in the concept of spiritual enlightenment, one of the primary goals is to live in the present moment.
Lao Tzu said,
“If you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present.”
Using Affirmations for Anxiety
While these affirmations are designed for use in the moment of anxiety or a panic attack, they will work best for you if you practice them at totally random moments that are not anxious at all. This will help prepare your body and mind for when anxiety does actually take over, you will have a protocol and ritual in place and will make coping with your anxiety much easier.
When you say the affirmation, do the affirmation, feel the affirmation. If the affirmation says “I breathe,” then you should stop for a moment. Focus on your breath. Feel it go in and out.
And last, I did not include any affirmations that put you in control of the situation. Oftentimes, struggling for control is the reason we’re experiencing anxiety in the first place. Learning how to let go, go with the flow, and stay in the present moment will present you with the greatest chance of finding lasting relief from your anxiety.
If you need more guidance using these affirmations for your anxiety, make sure you read: What are Affirmations and How do they Work?
Affirmations not working for you? Check out Affirmation Troubleshooting: How to Get Affirmations to Work for You
40 Powerful, Positive Affirmations for Anxiety Relief
- My natural state is calm.
- I breathe in. I breathe out.
- I am safe.
- My future is secure.
- My anxiety does not control me.
- I can overcome every obstacle that comes my way.
- I am enough.
- I am strong.
- I am free and unchained from my own thoughts.
- My world is secure and beautiful.
- As I breathe, I relax all my muscles.
- Tension drips away from my body and I relax.
- I’m okay right now.
- I’m worthy of powerfully positive moments.
- My future looks bright and beautiful.
- I relax and let flow happen.
- Everything is under control.
- My body is here and I am okay.
- I am always calm and at ease.
- I can feel my feet on the ground and I feel present.
- My eyes can see around me and I feel present.
- I am here in my body.
- My heart beats calmly and I feel at peace.
- I relax my shoulders.
- I release my jaw.
- I can hear my world around me and I feel present.
- I allow myself to feel the weight of my body.
- I plant my feet firmly on the floor. I am grounded.
- I smell and taste food, and I feel present.
- I release and allow the wave to carry me to the shore.
- The air goes in and out of my lungs.
- My body is soft. My mind is soft. My spirit is soft.
- I feel more comfortable with every passing moment.
- My world is stable.
- I think of my loving friends and family, and they anchor me.
- I am living in the present.
- I accept my past. I live in the present. I am ready for my future.
- I can feel my shoulders and jaw relaxing.
- My breath is slow and even.
- I am anchored in my body and in the present moment.
PIN ANY BELOW!
HERE’S A LIST OF SOME AFFIRMATIONS WE HAVE ON WILD SIMPLE JOY:
Affirmations for Fitness and Health
Affirmations to Release Money Blocks
Affirmations for Mama Life
Affirmations for New Year’s Resolutions
Affirmations for Acceptance
Affirmations for Letting Go